Monday, September 29, 2008

Wednesday 24th September 2008

Probably my best day to date on a motorbike and I rarely got out of third gear. I spent the day on a Honda 230 trail bike along with fellow pupil Martin on a Husqvarna 250 and instructor Marianne Walford on a Suzuki 400. I had asked for a ‘nervous beginner’ course and Marianne pitched it just right. We may not have ended the day as riding gods but we were both euphoric about the improvement in our skill levels and about the fantastic scenery we had seen.
I should point out to any of my hillwalking friends (it’s not just the pope who wears red socks – Ulster joke) that we rode on totally legal trails on silenced bikes, we closed all gates behind us, we adopted a ‘leave no trace’ philosophy and, most importantly, we had a ball while helping to keep the trails open.

No comments: