Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday 25th September 2008

Definitely slept well in my tent last night – that trail riding business has a sneaky way of wearing you out. Riding up the lane from the campsite on the well laden thumper was brilliant – two days ago it frightened me, now it was hardly worthy of comment. Ralph rounded off my visit to his farm by producing an old photo of him and his mate on Honda 400’s in Morocco and assuring me that I would love it. Today was a gentle sightseeing day in Wales but I was pretty tired when I ground to a halt in a service area on the M4. I decided to cheat and rang my office to get directions from the service area but they couldn’t find it on any map – the name was the usual welsh conglomeration of consonants but I did spell it very carefully. It was two days later that I discovered that that unpronounceable word actually was Welsh for ‘services’. Africa’s bound to be easier than Wales – isn’t it?

No comments: