Sunday, November 09, 2008

Monday 3rd November 2008


Free coffee and a friendly send off from the bar staff eased the trudge through the snow to the bike. The road had been cleared but I had had to wait for the frozen snow round the bike to turn to slush before I could risk riding out. The snowploughs were still on station and the air temperature was very low but the motorway was completely clear and my progress was limited only by the cold affecting my hands. I got a pair of windproof over-mitts which lengthened the Mean Time Between Coffee Stops (MTBCS) considerably. As a result of this new MTBCS I actually enjoyed the ride to the north of Spain and arrived in Santander just in time to get some cash and a ferry ticket and get loaded onto the Plymouth boat. The sea was a bit rough and I was tired so I had a meal and went to lie down for 20 minutes. I woke up some hours later just in time to go to sleep for the night – the life of an adventure traveller – party, party, party.

No comments: