Saturday, October 04, 2008

Wednesday 1st October 2008



About fifteen minutes down the road from Le Moulin Vert in the morning I came to a roundabout littered with soulless chain hotels – a close call. Ambling on towards Limoges, I just had to stop in Lussac les Châteaux to take a photo of ‘Chèz Papy’ – surely it must be twinned with the famous Pappy’s chippie in Dunloy? A question probably best left unanswered. Through Limoges and an almost deserted road to Perigueux. A few kilometres short of Perigueux I stopped to get those single cylinder vibes out of my legs. Only one other vehicle in the lay-by – the O’Learys from Kerry on tour in their motorhome. An occasion like that in a foreign land can’t go uncelebrated so out came the teapot and the ham sandwiches. Feeling suitably cheerful, I found somewhere to stop for the night almost immediately – Camping Le Bois du Caderc with brand new bar, pool and shower block, lovely scenery and free wifi, all for 6 euro.

No comments: